Ahh! Thanks for the heads up!
Heads up, folks! CCTV’s website does in fact work with the Hola app.
Ahh! Thanks for the heads up!
Totally wasn’t aware! I’ll have to do a quick search. Thank you for the heads up!
For those of you that still haven’t gotten the dropbox link, this might be helpful. Just from a quick cursory search there does seem to be a regional block, so this may only work for those of you in the PRC.
Book 1 -
Also, here’s clips of the Korean dub if you haven’t seen them.
Just wanted to make a quick post and let you know that I’ve been receiving all your e-mails and am in the process of making getting these subbed episodes out to you.
That being said, I apologize for any previous miscommunication, but I (unfortunately) only have subbed episodes of Avatar and Korra (meaning Mandarin subtitles). If you’re interested in these, please let me know.
Otherwise, I will let you know as soon as I get my hands on dubbed (meaning Mandarin voice-over) episodes.
Thank you so much for your patience! I’m getting to graduate so things are a bit hectic in my neck of the woods, but the episodes are coming, I promise!
1) spilled coffee on my laptop, hence the delay. Sorry guys!
2) if any of you feel like making a Dropbox by invite to increase my storage space so I can put all three seasons up at once (or if you have any other ideas other than Dropbox), lemme know!
3) I will be doing translations of the mess that was Korra Book 2 once the semester is over, so stay tuned!
I haven’t forgotten, don’t worry! I’m finishing two papers right now, and once I do, it’ll be up!
I’ve been unbelievably swamped with the start of senior year, working on getting my thesis together and all, but!
I will be uploading all of dubbed Avatar/Korra onto Dropbox this Thursday.
Please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like access.
Thanks for your patience guys!
(translation post here)
…and because I realize how hard that character is to read bolded, I zoomed, screencapped, and tossed it up next to the script they use for the book title.
I’m always surprised just how different characters can look transcribed across different scripts. Just look at the differences here!
Book 2 episode titles :D
"The Legend of Korra: Enhanced Experience"
Came out of study-abroad blogslumber (trademark that last one) to translate this:
- 神 shén sometimes shēn - generally used to describe anything divine, heavenly, or spiritual; "gods" and “supernatural beings;” sometimes refers to God (note: capital ‘G’); the left ‘half’ of the character is the radical 礻shì, meaning “ancestor” and (by association) “veneration.”
- 靈 (simp. 灵) líng sometimes lìng - on its own basically anything to do with "spirit(s)"; but nowadays used in compounds like “灵活” línghuó meaning “flexible” / “nimble” / “agile,” or 心灵 xīnlíng like “bright” in English when describing someone’s mind, “quick-witted” and I may even stretch to include the way we describe (in Engl.) someone as “having heart” when they perform or do something; even 灵感 línggǎn “inspiration” / “insight” or when describing artistic/academic endeavors “a burst of creativity.” Still, it’s also used in compounds like 精灵 jīnglíng ”spirit” / “elf” / “sprite” / “genie”; or 灵魂 línghún ”soul” / “spirit”
There you have it! More information than you probably wanted to know, but I’m a nerd for this stuff.
The Chinese seems accurate - if this actually is from the iBook (which I won’t have access to until I’m back in the States next week), then it may very well be legit.